To film our music video, we used a Canon Powershot 2X260 as well as an iPhone 6. Initially, we thought we would only use the iPhone to utilise features the Canon did not have, however this was not the case. We actually used the iPhone camera for the majority of our music video as, when we filmed on the Canon, the lighting would often overexpose and not give the atmosphere we wanted. The iPhone also allowed us more control with what was in focus, as well as having the benefit of the time lapse feature.
I used Final Cut Pro to edit our music video as it had a broader range of effects, filters and transitions than softwares such as iMovie or Final Cut Express. I was happy to use Final Cut Pro as I had used Final Cut Express in previous media tasks and they follow a similar layout. Nicole offered her opinions and helped me decide how to order our clips. We made some alterations to our clips to better fit our video, these included:
- Desaturating clips
- Changing the brightness of clips
- Changing tone of clips
- Zooming in on footage to ensure the clip was framed how we wanted
- Using filters such as the 3D effect, security camera, static and kaleidoscope
During the editing process, I ensured to cut clips on the beat of the song. This is something I felt to be important as it is a minor detail that is very significant to the overall professionalism of the music video. In doing so, the clips appear to be almost seamless despite the obvious cuts between them.
No comments:
Post a Comment