As the images on my cover and inside the CD tray were quite busy, I opted for something much simpler for my disc design. The minimalism of the disc would also stand out from the bright images I have used. I decided on a light blue colour as this ties in with the colour scheme I have used throughout my digipak, as well as with the artist's personal style. To carry on the sense of continuity throughout my work, I used the same fonts as I did on my album and poster. After researching disc designs, I found what information is expected to be featured. This includes the artist name, the album name, the record label's logo as well as the copyright information. I decided to make the artist's name largest as this is typical of indie pop artists as they are developing themselves as a brand. The copyright information is contrastingly very small as it is a necessity rather than anything that particularly adds to the design. I have also featured an 'explicit' warning on the disc as this is something featured on the album. This, as well as the record label logo, has been coloured grey to match the colour scheme I had created.

No comments:
Post a Comment