Thursday, 15 October 2015

My Digipak - Album Poster



The picture I decided to use for my album poster is similar in style to that of my album cover. However, I wanted the colour scheme of my poster to be much more vibrant as a means of being eye catching. Album posters in general tend to be brightly coloured as this catches the attention of the public and thus generates interest for the album and, in turn, the artist. I wanted to impose a sense of uniformity across my media products in order to create brand recognition for the artist. The blue tones of the image on my poster tie in with the filter I would like to use when editing my music video. I also decided to use a cityscape projection to mirror the images used on my album cover whilst also linking in with the album title "Badlands."


I have kept the poster relatively simple, only including information I believe to be important. The album name is the predominant feature of the poster, followed by the artist name. This was deliberate as the purpose of the poster is to promote. Another key feature of the poster is the album release date. This generates excitement and anticipation for the album, setting it up for much greater success. The recent surge of digital media has meant that artists need to utilise platforms such as iTunes and Spotify to evolve in today's society. Because of this, I wanted to mention that the album would be available on both of these and positioned it near the top of the poster. I also included the Apple logo - a logo which is instantaneously recognised by millions. My chosen artist, Halsey, gained recognition through social media and so I thought it was imperative to make it available on these platforms. This is also typical of indie artists as their main priority is getting their music heard, rather than gaining a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment