After having looked into the lyrics of my chosen song (see here), I had some ideas of themes and motifs I wanted to include in our video. The use of colour in the song gave me the idea of including some sort of paint to tie in with Goodwin's theory of the link between visuals and lyrics. I found some music videos that have also used a similar idea. Including a take on this conceptual element in my video would work well as it follows genre traits as well as linking in with the song's lyrics.
Foxes - Let's Go For Tonight
Paramore - Now
Thirty Seconds To Mars - Up In The Air
I especially like that these videos all have a pretty neutral colour scheme before the introduction of the bright paints. I think this would work well in my music video as muted colour palettes are typical of the indie-pop genre. This theme especially fits with the song's title ('Colors') and its lyrics.
.
Zayn - Pillow Talk















No comments:
Post a Comment