I have decided that my target audience will be people aged 16-20 as this is the typical demographic of indie-pop music. While my music video will appeal to both genders, it is likely to be preferred by females, as my chosen artist has a very female-dominated fanbase. This ties in with the outcomes of my audience survey, as this revealed that over 70% of respondents were female. My target audience are likely to be students, which is also backed up by the results of my audience research survey.
After googling "Halsey with fans", it became evident that the majority of her fanbase are young and female. This supports my decision to target my music video at a predominantly female audience, aged 16-20. The largest proportion of respondents were also aged 16-20 years old, meaning I have reliable information on the interests and opinions of this demographic. I also fit into this demographic, allowing me to have a deeper understanding of what this group would look for in a music video.I used Polyvore to create a visualisation of how a typical indie-pop music fan may dress. The clothing styles are unlike mainstream fashion, taking inspiration from previous decades including the 80s and 90s.

I also created this magazine cover mock up to further demonstrate media forms that would appeal to my target audience. I decided to use Halsey on the front cover as she is an artist who is currently of prominence in the indie-pop scene. The feedback I received from my audience research revealed that most people watch music videos if they are a fan of the artist. I also included other indie-pop artists who are featured in the magazine. This emphasises the idea that it is aimed at people who like this genre of music and thus would encourage them to read and buy this magazine.

No comments:
Post a Comment